- Doherty A, Kelly P, and Foster C (2013) Wearable Cameras: Identifying Healthy Transportation Choices IEEE PERVASIVE COMPUTING, 12:44 - 47.
- Doherty AR, Kelly P, Kerr J, Marshall S, Oliver M, Badland H, Hamilton A, and Foster C (2013) Using wearable cameras to categorise type and context of accelerometer-identified episodes of physical activity International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, 10.
- Gemming L, Doherty A, Kelly P, Utter J, and Ni Mhurchu C (2013) Feasibility of a SenseCam-assisted 24-h recall to reduce under-reporting of energy intake European Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
- Kelly P, Krenn P, Titze S, Stopher P, and Foster C (2013) Quantifying the difference between self-reported and GPS measured journey durations: A systematic review Transport Reviews.
- Kerr J, Marshall SJ, Godbole S, Chen J, Legge A, Doherty AR, Kelly P, Oliver M, Badland HM, and Foster C (2013) Using the SenseCam to improve classifications of sedentary behavior in free-living settings American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 44:290 - 296.
Physical activity promotion and evaluation of practice.
Paul joined the British Heart Foundation Health Promotion Research group in July 2008. His focus is research which contributes to development of effective methods for physical activity promotion, with a view to reducing the burden of chronic disease. He has a particular interest in sport and walking. His most recent project was an analysis of European Approaches to promoting physical activity and sport in children and adolescents, conducted for the HEPA Europe network.
Current projects include HEAT (Health Economic Assessment Tool) for Walking and Cycling, which models the health and economic benefits of walking interventions, developing a Blueprint for "Youth Friendly Physical Activity" with the World Health Organisation and exploring the use of digital photography to investigate physical activity behaviour using SenseCam.
Sources of Funding
- Microsoft Research Limited 2010- 2013